Friday, August 25, 2006

Timeless....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can't believe I'm just getting around to posting this here because I was quick to post information about this on my myspace blog, but forgot to add it here.

I don't know how familiar American audiences are with Sergio Mendes' full body of work, but he's a Brazilian artist that was popular in the 60's when he was with his band called Brasil'66. I'm sure you've heard of him because he had a very popular song called 'Mais Que Nada', which was a samba/bossa nova song that got a lot of air play. I was raised listening to him since my father was a man of international tastes when it came to music (he was a musician as well). I have listened to recent CD's that Sergio has released in recent years and loved them, but his latest is high on my list. It's called Timeless and it certainly is.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sergio has collaborated with Will I Am from the BEP's and created what I can best describe as a Neo-Brazillian-Hip-Hop sound. It's classic, or shall I say, Timeless (smile). On each song, he's collaborated with some of the best singers and musicians in music today, IMHO, like India Arie, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, John Legend, Stevie Wonder, Q-Tip, Justin Timberlake, etc. The only notable person missing, in my opinion was Lauryn Hill, but who knows if she would have been willing to contribute with her current stance on things (rolling my eyes.. lol). Anywho..... This CD is a definite MUST HAVE if you're a music lover. I rarely find CD's that I can put in the CD player and enjoy every track, this is one of those CD's.

You can find this CD pretty cheap if you purchase it used on Amazon, which is what I did. If you don't already have this album/CD in your collection, you're missing out.

Listen and enjoy....
Nat

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

okay, is this a hint that you want your CD back? LMAO!

August 25, 2006 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home