Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Personal Trainer HELL!

Ok, as I've mentioned before, I've embarked on a weight-loss journey. I don't know that I ever anticipated it would be one of the hardest things I've ever attempted to do until I actually started trying to change my really bad habits. Having said all of this, I realized recently that although I work out, I haven't seen much benefit. Maybe I should rephrase that, I've seen the benefit in that I haven't changed my unhealthy eating habits for the most part and have maintained the same weight for the past several months. What I was trying to say earlier is that I haven't lost any weight in some time, so the work outs haven't been benefiting me in the way that I want them to.

I've been watching this show called 'Work Out' on the Bravo network. On a sidenote, I'm just in love with Jackie, the gym owner. She's a lesbian and I'm straight, but she's hot (said like Paris Hilton). She has been working with a woman who came in and explained that she was instructed by her doctors that she needed to have gastric bypass. She was 275lbs and Jackie worked with her throughout each work out session. You could see that this woman was getting stronger and stronger with each workout and you could see the difference in her body as well. Jackie was also instructing her on what she could and couldn't eat. I watched and thought, that's what I NEED! I need a personal trainer. I have definitely come to that conclusion. I have a lazy streak in me and I need to be accountable to someone to get me out of that mode while I'm at the gym or working out in general. The weight doesn't help, in that it makes it difficult for me to do what I need to do, but if I don't, I won't ever loose it. VICIOUS CYCLE!!!!!!!! Arrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!! (smile).

My girlfriend got the name of a 'so called' positive natural trainer named Kai Ijeoma and passed that information on to me. Her business is called 'Body by Kia, Spirit by God', sounded good to me, right. I called this 'trainer' and I use that word sparingly today and she asked where I'd heard of her from. I kindly explained that I got her name 3rd person, but I was very interested in working with her and wanted information on her rates. She informed me that she only works with referrals from clients. My girlfriend was referred by a client and I explained it again. This 'woman'(I use that word sparingly too) told me that she liked to be in control of everything and unless I was a direct referral from a client, she wouldn't be able to work with me. By the time I got off the phone with her, I was feeling like...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now had I expressed that on the phone, I would have probably confirmed whatever reasoning she had for 'being in control' and not accepting my potential business. I was appalled and offended. She knew nothing about me before making this judgement/decision and I was simply stunned because I'd never heard of something like this. It's not even like she's running a straight business in that someone answered the phone as if it were a home number(sounding like her mother) and could barely take a message (mispronouncing my name and having me repeat my number more than once) all to have her return the call to tell me she wouldn't accept my business.

I'm still a bit angry as I write this post so if it's palpable, I apologize.

To Kai, the 'personal trainer', I say...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

'And that's all I have to say about that'- Forrest Gump

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home