Friday, June 30, 2006

Testimony...


I purchased the new India Arie album this week and I have mixed feelings about it. India, by far, is one of my favorite artists. One of the reasons is because I love the messages/lyrics. So much of music these days is so shallow and lacks depth of any kind. The other reason is because I'm partial to the acoustic sound, especially acoustic guitar. With this album, the messages were there, no doubt and I loved them, but the actual music was kind of lacking. The one song that is my favorite is called 'Good Mourning'. The message was right on point for where I am emotionally right now and it had the acoustic sound that I like. The rest of the music was a little too 'Disney' for me. And when I say Disney, I mean animated. This is just my opinion and I'm still in love with her and her style. I will be looking forward to the next installment anxiously nonetheless.


On the other hand, I'm loving the freedom India seems to be experiencing with her hair these days. The above photo is from her current album. And I noticed that her hair is again shaved when she made an appearance on the BET Awards this week. I love how she doesn't feel the need to keep the short fro she was rockin' for a while in preperation for this album release and went and cut it all off again. She looks so cute to me. And on a totally womanly note, I'm so jealous of her clothes. I absolutely love them. I wish I were small enough to rock them or could find that style of wrap clothing for myself. It's totally the look I'd love to rock, but I'm not quite there! (smile).


Regardless, I applaude India for continuing to do her thing because she does it with style and class. And even though this latest installment of her album isn't my favorite, I have to say that she's still a favorite artist of mine for her outspokeness and her stunning inner beauty!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home