Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DC Naptural Gathering

I attended a DC Naptural Gathering on Sunday. It was small because it was put together last minute because Daria (BellaNoire) is moving to NYC this coming weekend and wanted to meet us before she left. I've been thinking about putting one together for some time, but I don't know enough people yet to do so, but I must say that I loved the fact that it was very small and intimate. We had wonderful, upbuilding conversation. More and more I realize that being natural is more than a simple hair style change, it's so much more than that. It's a mentality and it's beauty. I think we see the beauty in and learn so much about ourselves along this journey of napturality. Once you fully realize your beauty, it awakens you to so many other concepts. And I find that all of the naptural sisters I've met have been so laid-back and down-to-earth. No pretentiousness... Just beauty. Women who are comfortable enough in their own skin that they can and freely shower love on others. They shine like the Bright Souls that they are.

Daria - You are funny, full of life, a character, and a beauty all rolled into one.

Christina - I'm so happy you have embarked on your naptural journey and that we'll be experiencing it together.

Carla - Your tresses are beautiful and so are you.

Kristin - You reminded me of my sister Regine so much. I love your energy and your vibe of confidence. Keep on rockin' those stilettos girl. Do it for all of us who can't!

Jamel - Girl, I'm just in love with you. Your light beams and it was a joy to bask in it's warm glow. You are my inspiration on so many levels you don't even know. I can't wait to hang with you again and get to know you further!

Jacob - My little boyfriend. It was a pleasure being in your presence. You are what every child should be; happy and free!

Keep shining Queens; never dim your shine for the sake of the blind!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home