Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Loc Update...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, I've just entered my 9th month of my lock journey. I can't believe it's been that long since I embarked on this journey. Time has certainly been flying by.

My patience with this process has improved tremendously since the beginning. I've learned that it will do it's thing in the time that it needs. Not that I ever tried to rush the process, but I've wondered what my locs would look like at each phase and I still do. I am definitely excited to see where I'll be at my one year anniversary on December 29th of this year and where my locs will be in a year from now.

I have gained so much inspiration and have learned so much about myself thus far. I can say that I expected to learn a bit, but I think I've gained an understanding that I didn't expect. I thank all the people in my life that have been and continue to be supportive.

I can't believe this is the way my locs look now, in comparison to the way they looked on the first day of this process:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They have certainly transformed and I love the fact that I don't have to announce that I'm locking my hair any longer. It's clearly evident. I can't believe that I came from not being able to wash my hair for the first 2mths and then having it unravel and rebel, to them actually locking now!!! YAY.

I'm excited to see what the future holds in store for me and my locs. Only time will tell and I remain excited with this process!!!.... Nat

PS - I just had a retwist appointment with my loctician yesterday and she feels at the rate my hair is locking, my babies will be mature locs by January of next year. That will be right when they turn 1yr old. I was so excited to hear that since I've always been told it takes anywhere from 12 - 18 months to achieve maturity. I always thought I'd be on the ladder end of that equation, but I'll be on the lower side. How exciting is that??? Wuuu-Whooooo!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

What a natural beauty.

September 13, 2006 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home