Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The weight loss journey...


Ok, you know I said I was going to buckle down and commit to getting some of this weight off this year. Well, I've been on a diet and doing much better than I thought I would. I've never really been able to stick to a diet in the past, so I was skeptical, but cautiously optimistic at the same time.

I don't own a scale at home right now. I guess it's because I never really wanted the discouragement of checking it on a regular basis or that it would say something like the above photo. I knew how much I weighed and that was enough. I've never been one to regularly jump on a scale to check my weight even when I owned one anyway. So, I was fine with getting weighed on my regular doctor visits so when I went on Monday, I was weighed and found out that I've lost 15lbs in the last 3wks (and yes, I was weighed 3wks ago). I was amazed. This is a huge accomplishment for me. Like I said, I've never really been able to stick to a diet long enough to really see any results.

I'm now committing myself to adding exercise to this journey and look forward to seeing an increased result in either weight loss or inches. I have some clothing that I'd like to get into and will let you know when I can actually comfortably fit them. My first goal is to get under 200lbs though and when I do that, you'll hear me scream from my doctors office even if you're on the other side of the country.. lol.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and I'll keep you posted on my results going forward!!!! YAY ME!!!!!! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home