Sunday, February 11, 2007

My first Curly locked style..


I have been compiling an album of locks I admire in my fotki album ever since I decided to lock. I have used this album as inspiration throughout my journey and it's continued to be inspiring.

My dear friend Jamel has been caring for my locs the past couple months and doing a great job. She has wanted to style my hair for a while. Recently, I added this photo to my album:


I haven't been styling my locs so far because most of the styles that I want require more length than I have, but I realized that I had enough length for this style. So I shared the photo with Jamel and she said she'd recreate the look for me. I wasn't sure what to expect since I've never curled my locs. Well to say that I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I think they came out better than I thought they would and they compliment and frame my face well. Jamel did a BANG UP job. I had no doubt she could recreate the look, but I wasn't sure I'd love it on myself, but I really do.


So, I thought I'd post some photos of this cute style. I think I'll be styling my locs more often based on these results. This was just the boost I needed.

Thanks Jamel!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

GORGEOUS darling. Love the bangs!

February 12, 2007 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home