Thursday, November 16, 2006

Christina's Coils




My girlfriend Christina went natural and had her BC in July. She and her hair are gorgeous. She's been impatiently waiting for it to grow into a lovely full (bush HA!) fro and it is, albeit not at the speed she'd prefer.

She accompanied me on a trip to my loctician and got her fro styled for the first time last week into comb coils. They looked ABFAB!!! She got to see how long her hair truly is.

Above are a couple photos of Christina looking lovely with her coils. I actually got her smiling and that's something since she normally doesn't smile in her photos. Check out her fotki photo album to see her journey thus far.

Post Script - Christina is on punishment because as I write this entry, the coils are already gone. She washed them because her scalp was itching. Beauty is PAIN/Discomfort. You would have thought as a woman in America she'd know that by now. Spritz your roots with some water, massage your scalp, don't wash out the beautiful comb coils. We didn't even get a chance to see what the twist out would have looked like. I'm grieving the loss of the twist out (I'm preclemped, talk amongst yourselves while I gather myself.. SNL Jewish lady moment LOL). I'll let you all know when I'm talking to her again.. Just kidding or maybe not! (Smile)

Christina's Comb Coils
Sunrise: November 10th 2006
Sunset: November 14th 2006
Rest in Peace babies.. You didn't deserve your fate.