Tuesday, November 14, 2006

11 months and counting..

So, I've entered my 11th month of my locking journey and I'm still loving the process. I can't believe it's almost been a year because it's flown by so quickly. I'm not going to say I don't have my days when I feel my hair is challenged, but for the most part, I've definitely learned to go with the flow, which I've never done before with regard to my hair. I always wanted it to look so neat and put together, but these days, I'm learning to let it do it's thing.

Going natural is definitely a process and I can honestly say it's taught me quite a lot about myself and the world/society I live in. I look forward to celebrating my 1yr lociversary and beyond.

Here are some update photos taken yesterday by my photog friend Vicki. It's amazing to see my hair from another perspective. It's really growing. I'll feel something brushing the back of my neck and I have to remind myself that it's my locs (smile). And I can finally wear hats. I know that might seem like a small thing to some and most probably think, why weren't you wearing hats before, right? Well, I hadn't because I wanted my hair to be a certain length and now that it is, I feel like sportin' some hats.

I'm loving my journey and look forward to the future. I give thanks for all the support I've received from friends and family alike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home