Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Kanye strikes again...

I like Kanye's music (or shall I say, I like what I've heard for the most part), but he's an ARROGANT BASTARD! Initially I remember partially respecting what I thought was confidence on his part in an interview I saw on MTV that he did with Sway after the success of his first album. He was blunt and honest (even admitting that he betrayed Damon Dash by siding with JayZ after their company split), but I also remember thinking that his confidence was bordering on arrogance at the time due to some other things he said regarding his talent. Having seen and heard some of the shenanigans (sp? lol) he's pulled since.

What I hate about his behavior the most is that it takes the sting away from what he had to say about the president after the hurricane Katrina debacle. Now all his detractors can just say, 'See, he IS crazy!' and that irritates me. The fact that he was the voice for a lot of people that couldn't say what needed to be said is taken away by his subsequent arrogance and stupidity.

I enter the following clip as evidence of his arrogance and stupidity. This was Kanye's reaction to not winning an award for a video at the Europe VMA's. He came out on stage and interrupted the winner's acceptance speech because he was upset that he lost. He hadn't even seen the winning artist's video to know if it was better than his, which he admitted, but starts talking about how much was spent on his video (as if that's some indication of how great his video was). Then had the nerve to say that since he didn't win the award, the show had lost it's credibility. Now, how would he have reacted if someone else had done that to him in the middle of his acceptance speech? He would have been outraged!

Tell me what you think:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home