Thursday, September 07, 2006

Joy Denalane - The German Songstress


I'm sure many of you have never heard of Joy Denalane, but I'm here to tell you she is FIERCE. As all of my friends know, I'm a fan of international music. I love music that has flavor from all over the world. It simply offers a feel and taste that you rarely get in American music. I was raised by a musician who always played music from the world for me to enjoy.

Often, my friends say 'How do you know this song?' when we're in a store or on an elevator and some seemingly obscure song is playing and I'm singing a long. It always makes me laugh, but it's who I am, but I digress.. lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A while back, I fell in love with Joy Denalane. She is a product of a South African father and a German mother. Great combination, right? I now own 2 of her CD's, both a german and english CD. I have to admit that the german CD, IMHO, is far superior to her recent english album. The only song on her current CD, 'Born & Raised', that I really like is the first track called, 'Let Go'. I've attached the video for this song to this post for your enjoyment.

I've always taken issue with the radio stations here in the US for not being open to music that isn't main-stream. If they were, Joy Denalane would be a house-hold name whether you could sing along/understand her lyrics or not. I'm also attaching one of her german videos for you to enjoy too. It's difficult to get a hold of her music and the only place I found her CD that wasn't a European site, was on, you guessed it, Amazon. It's an import CD, so even used, I payed a pretty penny for it, but it was well worth it. Check her out, I really think you'll like her.


2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 13, 2006 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I love her voice and her style! Can you burn a copy for me?

September 13, 2006 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home