Thursday, September 07, 2006

Gigi's Visit and great news...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday started off as a morning of signs that I might have been better off staying home. People were driving like idiots on my drive into work (not that it's unusual, but they were unusually idiotic yesterday). I got to my desk and my PC wouldn't power up. There was some electrical issue at my desk and half of it didn't have power. I crawled under my desk and moved all the power sources to another extension cord from the working side of my desk. I finally log in to find that we were experiencing network issues at the government site where I work and couldn't even check my email. I need my email in the morning, it's like my coffee.. lol!

Well, my sister Regine (aka Gigi) called around 9am and said, I'm here. She lives in Brooklyn and is about to move to London to pursue her masters degree in Photography and Urban studies. I'm so proud of her and was happy she'd come to visit. I wasn't doing anything at work, as my boss and the majority of my team was either out on travel or in training for the day. All my assignments for the day were done in an hour flat. So, I went to meet my sister and her friend at Eastern Market in DC since it's only 15mins away from my job.

I arrived and we decided to have some coffee and breakfast at a restaurant at Eastern Market. The weather was gorgeous and the sun was making an appearance, so we ate outside in the morning air. It was great. I met my sister's new beau John and he was such a nice and genuine guy. My sister later shared the news that they were in love after reconnecting after many years. Their romance started a while ago on a trip to Paris and things didn't work out, but now they've reconnected and the time is right for them. They seemed so happy together and I am overjoyed for my sister. She deserves this and I could see how happy she truly was and how John has made that a reality for her. I wish them much luck and good fortune in the future.

Here's another shot of us sitting outside while having breakfast. I love this shot since we were having such a good time..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The only issue is my Alfalfa loc (as I've affectionately named it). I have this one loc that will not conform, no matter what. It's always sticking straight up on the top of my head. I can always count on that.. (smile). Oh well, what are ya gonna do, right.. LMAO!!!

I hope all good things that you hope for come your way big sis. You deserve nothing but the best!! I love you... Nat

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I love this picture of the two of you. You both look so beautiful!

September 13, 2006 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home