Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bon Voyage...


This past weekend, I attended the 'Bon Voyage' party that was thrown for my sister Regine and my niece Ngozi, who are embarking on a journey to the UK at the end of this week. They will live there for a year while Regine pursues her masters degree in photography. It was wonderful to see the network of people that have acted as a support system to my sister while she's been living in NY (Brooklyn babyyyy.. lol) and in her life in general.

I had a blast and I'll be sure to post some pics of the celebrations when I get them. They were both feeling a bit emotional as this was a good-bye to friends and family, but the evening was definitely a celebration.

I applaud my sister for pursuing her dreams and not allowing anything to stop her from doing so. I've told you this before sis and I'll continue to say it, you are an inspiration to me. Not just because you're my big sis, but because you always show me that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. It's easy to say it, but when you actually see that theory in motion, it's believable. You have always led by example and I definitely take notice. I still wanna be just like you when I grow up.. lol! Love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home