Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Personal New Year to Me!!! lol


Also known as my birthday!! I view a birthday as someone's personal new year, since it is your official year mark in your life, right? I've turned the ripe age of 36 today and I feel great. I'm in my prime and feeling all the possibilities that life has to offer. I can say that I've learned a lot in this past year about myself and others. I've relished every lesson I've been blessed to learn.

My sister sent this Apache blessing via email this morning and I thought I'd share it since it's so beautiful... (brought tears to my eyes)

May the sun bring you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
May the breeze blow new strength into your being.
May you walk gently through the world and know
its beauty all the days of your life.


So, I even tried a new hair style to commemorate my new year, bantu knots. I've only tried them once before while my locks were still maturing and it didn't turn out well. I ended up looking like a runaway slave and as you can imagine, it just wasn't a good look. I think I took them down while driving home from the salon.. lol

Needless to say, they turned out a whole lot better this time around (smile)!

Tell me what you think...

5 Comments:

Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

You certainly look like amny kind of runaway now!!Happy birthday to you..Or is it would sound if said in a strong Xhosa accent "Heppy befday!"

May 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Natacha said...

Hahahaha, thanks Thandi!!!

May 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful, beautiful,beautiful!!!
Your blog inspires me to continue my natural hair journey. Thanks for the beautiful photos!!!

May 27, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

This is my favorite style I've seen on you! I love it! the bindi was the perfect touch. Happy Personal New Year indeed!

May 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

garjus!

love dem.

May 29, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home