Friday, December 07, 2007

Curly locs update..

I just realized that, although I updated my fotki album, I never updated my blog with how long my curls lasted. My spiral curls were done on October 27th and were mahvelous. I ended up washing them out on November 23rd, a few days shy of a full calendar month, but technically 5wks later.




The photos are showing the stage of the curls right before I washed them out. I could have definitely gone a few more weeks with the curls, but my dry scalp wasn't having it since it was flaking. I cleansed my scalp a couple times throughout the 5 weeks, but it was time for a proper wash. The only thing I did to maintain my curls was retwist the front row of my locks when they got a bit bushy (since I sweat a lot) and spray them with ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) Olive Oil Sheen as needed to moisturize them. Unlike most, I don't wrap my locks at night any longer, so I didn't while I had the curls either. I sleep on a satin pillow case instead. I think the key to achieving curls that last is allowing them to fully dry before removing the rollers. I sat under the dryer for two and a half hours since my hair tends to hold moisture. That was the key to longevity for me.

Thanks for all the compliments on the style and I hope when you try it, you'll love the outcome as well!

PS - I added an instructional video I found on youtube of how to achieve this look on my blog, so check it out if you're not sure how to do it. Let me know how it turns out for you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look so beautiful and bouncy!!

December 7, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat,

I cant believe how long curls last on locked hair. Amazing. Even one more reason to start my lock journey. Gorgeous!!!

Kimani -aka- Lil Pisces

December 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were around 170 dollars on every site. But for all I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you tell me about these?

February 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home