Monday, November 19, 2007

Strength, Courage, & Wisdom

I don't know if many of you remember a series that MTV used to have called Music in High Places. They would take a popular singer of the time and take them to some beautiful, remote part of the world and record their experiences and them performing their music unplugged in that setting. If you missed this show and want to see some of the performances, you can find quite a few on Youtube.

My favorite episode was with India Arie in Bahia, Brazil. At the time, she hadn't achieved any fame or real visibility, but I was already in love with her after hearing her music, so I made sure to watch this. I have since purchased the DVD and if you are an India Arie fan, it's a must have in your collection, believe me!!!

Here's one of the performances from that DVD. I love all of them, but this song is special to me because it resonates with me and at the time it came out, I needed to hear these words to recognize my own strength, courage, and wisdom and everyone needs a reminder every now and then, no?

Enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home