Monday, December 31, 2007

2yrs of Lockdom...

Year 2 in review...

I reached my 2yr lociversary on December 29th, 2007!

I'm so happy to report that I am still in love with my locks and this journey! I am still learning so much about myself. Acceptance of self is a profound thing, yeah? I have found a lot of inner beauty that I was unaware of. I don't have to be prim (sp? lol) and proper all the time and my hair can be natural/messy/unneat (is that's even a word?) and still be beautiful!

I have been able to redefine my measure of beauty in the past couple years and that's a huge gift. If you are on the fence and thinking about going natural or locking your hair, I'd encourage you to do it. I won't lie and say that there won't be rough times and "bad hair days" in between or along the way, but overall, you will be so happy with your decision and your life will improve. There's nothing like enjoying your natural hair!

I'd always said that I wanted to live the life of a white girl and do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about my hair. Well going natural has done that for me. I can swim, exercise, etc. and not have to worry about my hair. White women have that freedom we pursue because their hair is natural (in the sense that they do not chemically alter the texture of their hair) and when we allow ours to be natural, we can enjoy the same freedom and liberation!!!

I'll include some updated photos soon, but until then, thanks so much for all the support and wonderful comments from my sisters online.

Stay beautiful and never dim your shine/light for the sake of the blind!

Nat

4 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 2 Years! Great Post.
Take Care
Miss V

December 31, 2007 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Lockversary!!!!!!

January 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! An update!! Again congratulations, Ms. Thang. Cant wait to see new photos.

January 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Margaux Mays said...

I missed your 2 year, but I found your blog! Congrats on the milestone : )

January 26, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home