Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gastric Bypass and the aftermath..

I have to be honest and say that I was actually considering looking into this procedure for a period of time. The issue is that you don't learn how to conquer the issues you have with food and there's a real risk of developing other addictions, like alcoholism for example. The other issue is the fact that everyone that I've seen who have had this procedure have a terrible aged and loose skin look that's simply not attractive. There are plastic surgery procedures that can address these things, but who wants surgery after surgery? And overall, you just look older if you do it this way as opposed to the good ole fashioned 'work out & lifestlye change' method. I think I'll take tha ladder.

I present Star Jones as a good example to illustrate my point on this. I think she looks horrible now. There is no doubt that she needed to have some sort of emergency intervention because she was morbidly obese and it was a health issue. She is someone that had the financial resources to have the follow-up plastic surgery necessary to reshape her breasts and remove the excess skin, but even after all of that, I think she still looks a mess. I came across these photos of her from a party she attended in honor of Vivica Fox and a couple other photos. She just doesn't look cute and she looks so aged/old, IMO.

What's your take on it? I'd love to know!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the surgery has its place in some circumstances, but I agree with you. Most of us as Americans simply eat too much. Unless you have dealt with that and understand that true long term results come from lifestyle changes and behavior modifications, this is just a panacea. It is not nor should it be used as a "get skinny quick" plan. It is a serious surgery, with serious side effects and should be done only after a great deal of thought and research.

Not to mention the fact that so many doctors/clinics are performing this procedure now, and you cannot convince me that they all have the same level of proficiency or that they are all equally competent. It is just a matter of time until the back alley underground surgeries start raising their ugly heads if they haven't already. Someone, somewhere will be so desperate for this procedure and will not have the funds and will seek out someone who will do it for next to nothing and put their lives at risk.

And yeah...i'm not 100% in love with Star's mug these days. Ick.

March 13, 2007 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home