Friday, January 05, 2007

Poetry...

I was thinking about the fact that I have yet to find a good man to have in my life. I was also thinking about my life in general and the direction I want it to go in, as opposed to the direction it has been going. So since I'm feeling a bit melancholy, I thought I'd share the following poems by Nikki Giovanni that sum up what I'm feeling at the moment....

Cotton candy on a rainy day...
Don't look now
I'm fading away
Into the gray of my mornings
Or the blues of every night

Is it that my nails
keep breaking
Or maybe the corn
on my second little piggy
Things keep popping out
on my face or of my life

It seems no matter how I try
I become more difficult to hold
I am not an easy woman to want

They have asked the psychiatrists . . . psychologists . . .
politicians and social workers
What this decade will be known for

There is no doubt . . . it is loneliness


Choices...
If i can't do what i want to do
then my job is to not
do what i don't want to do

It's not the same thing
but it's the best i can do

If i can't have what i want . . .
then my job is to want what i've got
and be satisfied
that at least there
is something more to want

Since i can't go
where i need to go . . .
then i must . . .
go where the signs point
through always understanding
parallel movement isn't lateral

When i can't express
what i really feel
i practice feeling
what i can express
and none of it is equal

I know but that's why mankind
alone among the animals
learns to cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home