Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 1yr Lociversary to ME!!!


So here it is., a year of locks! I have to say that I have truly enjoyed the journey thus far. I remember so many people advising me and telling me that I was going to love the process, but I was hesitant, albeit determined. I went into this journey with fears, but I was more excited than anything else. Looking back now on the past year of ups and downs, I have to say that I've learned so much about myself and my strength.

I've always considered myself a rebel to a certain degree, so this process has enriched that side of myself. Going against the grain is so much damn fun (devious smile)!!! I look forward to what this new year will bring into my life and how my locs will grow and build even more character in me. I have grown from this process and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have finally begun to see my own beauty. That is something you can't put a price on. I'm even smiling more these days, despite my inner fears and insecurities.

This journey has enriched my life thru some of the people that it's brought to me. I started organizing 'Nappy/Naptural' gatherings and I've met women that bring me so much joy. I have forged friendships that I can't imagine my life without at this point. Dare I say that I probably would have never met these women had I not started locking.

I truly look forward to the future with a glimmer in my eyes and happiness in my heart. The Locking process has been a true journey and my journey continues. I look forward to year two and more growth in all aspects of my life.







The year in locs:

3 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congratulations on your 1 year locversary! I love your locks they are so full and thick! I'm not sure but didn't you start out with 2 strand twist? Your locks have really matured because I can't tell now! I hope you enjoyed your journey thus far and enjoy what you have to come!

January 4, 2007 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Creyole said...

Hey, Fly Diva, I'm really lovin your locks! How do you keep the roots so neat and slick? Do you use any product? Please share your regimen?

January 31, 2007 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Creyole said...

PS - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comment, now I'm adding you to my bloglines!

January 31, 2007 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home