Sunday, October 08, 2006

M.A.C. Cosmetics




I have always been addicted to M.A.C. makeup and I love getting my make-up done at their counter. My girlfriend and I went this weekend because Nordstrom was having a Fall cosmetics trend show and we purchased a ticket for $15 a few weeks ago. The event boasted light refreshments, mimosas, and makeup applications. You could choose from any of their makeup counters for your makeup application and you would get a very cute dark brown, faux leather, square makeup box for purchasing tickets. In addition, the cost of the tickets would be credited toward any makeup purchases you made that day.. Sounds great, right?

The event started at 8:30am and our makeup application appt wasn't until 1pm, but there's something to be said for arriving early regardless. There were no makeup boxes left by the time we arrived around noon. I was peeved, to say the least and there was such a crowd. It was raining yesterday, so I didn't get an early start and the only reason I really went was because I'd already paid in advance. Otherwise, I seriously would have stayed in bed.. lol.

I am not a makeup novice, but at the same time, I love to learn new techniques and it's amazing to me how the right makeup application can make such a difference in your appearance. The photos above are from my makeup from the day and I was looking pretty hot I must say (smile). I didn't have a photo shoot scheduled so all I could do was take a few shots with my webcam, but I think you can still see the makeup. I'm in love with the smokey eye look and it was done to perfection.

My makeup discovery that day was two-fold.. For one, I didn't know that M.A.C. now sold Studio Mist foundation. You know, what you see the pros using on models where they spray-paint the foundation onto their faces?? Well, now you can have that look too. It looked amazing and the oil in my skin didn't penetrate it like it normally does with my foundation (I usually wear studio fix powder). My second find was using Cork lipliner to do darken my brows after shaping them with Show Off brow set gel. I'm a brow addict and unfortunately wasn't blessed with thick brows, so I have to use smoke and mirrors illusions when it comes to my brows. Eboni, the makeup artist that did my makeup, did an amazing job with those two items and I hope I can recreate the look.. We'll see (fingers crossed). She also highlighted above and below my brows with a lighter concealer than I use under my eyes and although it looked a bit over the top, if I used my own color, it would look great for everyday application, so I'll be trying that too.

Afterward, my girlfriend and I went to Don Pablos for lunch and I was looking too fierce for DP's but I didn't have anything else planned.. hahaha! I kept singing that rap song.. "I'm conceited, I gotta reason'.. LMBAO!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

pretty girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 11, 2006 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the makeup! I didn't know make had "airbrush" foundation!! I've been using Classified Cosmetic's ERA foundation (which I LOVE). Now see what you've done??? I have to go to the MAC counter now...

*grumble, grumble*

October 14, 2006 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger Farhan.Jee said...

The flying time from Athens to Santorini is approximately 40 minutes. private transfers and tours

February 14, 2020 at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home