Wednesday, October 18, 2006

K-Mel...

At the risk of jinxing things, I thought I'd talk a little about the man I'm currently interested in. His name is Kamel (pronounced Kay-mel) and he's of South African descent, although he looks more latin or middle eastern. If things continue to go well, I'll be sure to post photos of him at a later date so you can see what I mean.

We met online and although a lot of people knock meeting romantic interests online, I tend to disagree with their assessment. Excuse me while I get on my soapbox for a moment... Since I tend to do a lot of online dating, I've been asked things like, 'What do you really know about this person?', 'How do you know he's not a serial killer?', etc. Well, I always turn that question around and ask, if you met someone at a club, bar, on the street, etc, would you know any more about that person than if you'd met them online? Wouldn't the same risks apply? I personally believe that meeting and acquanting yourself with someone online is a great path to take. I think you really get to know someone because all you do is converse. You don't have all the physical distractions that you might have if you were in person, you don't have to worry about what you look like at that very moment (if you're not camming with them), you don't have to worry about being nervous, you have less interruptions, etc. You just get a chance to have pure conversation and really get to know the other person. I think you make a cerebral connection with another person when you can just talk and I love the process of getting to know someone, so you can imagine that I love doing it thru the net since it seems to facilitate that so well.

Having said that, I'll continue telling you about Kamel. I was attracted to him because he makes music and anyone who knows me, knows that this would be my number one weakness. I just love people that have a love and true appreciation for good music because I always feel like I can vibe with them on a lot of levels. Well, Kamel speaks french (which is another big point for him since I'm Haitian) and is a producer and french rapper. I first heard his music on Myspace on another artist's page and was impressed with his voice and style, which I expressed on the page. He then sent me a flirtatious message and I was flattered because he is a SEXY BEAST!!!! We then began to talk thru messages and things have continued from there. We chat often online and we're in the process of getting to know each other better.

He's currently working on a project that requires him to travel between Paris and New York. I'm not really a fan of long distance relationships, since I've done it before and it was very challenging, but I'm feeling him so far and I'm open to the possibilities. I've always told my friends that I don't think the man that is meant for me is from or living in the states, so he fits the build (smile). I'm very intrigued by Kamel and his personality so far. We'll see where things go. He's invited me to come visit him in Paris, but we've just begun to get to know each other, so that would be something for the future, although I was very flattered by the invitation.

Seeing as though we have yet to meet in person, I don't know where this will lead, if anywhere, but hope springs eternal and I'm cautiously optimistic. I just wanted to put it out there that I'm feeling him and feel the feeling is mutual. I'll post updates in the future if there's anything to talk about relating to him.

Wish me luck (wink)...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online is the way to go! I met several people online and had a three-year relationship with one of them. Love comes from anywhere, anytime and anyplace. You go girl!!!

October 18, 2006 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home