Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wrap-A-Loc

I was introduced to this system by a coworker. She came to work and her locks were in these quasi bantu knots, but they were hanging long. I asked her what they were and she told me they were done with the wrap-a-loc tool by her loctician.

For full details on this tool, check the Wrap-A-Loc site. The site has a page of locticians nationwide that offer this service or sell the tool. One of the local shops in my area quoted me $125 for the basic service. She added that the price can vary based on the size and length of your locks. That's a bit costly, but the result is absolutely gorgeous. The other option I'm considering is purchasing the tool and doing it myself. I was told they are sold in sets of 20 for $20, so one dollar each. If your locks are smaller, you can wrap more than one lock on each tool.

Here are some before and after photos so you get an idea of how the tool curls your locks. The first is a before and after shot and the second is a before shot, a shot with the tool in (which you can wear for as long as you'd like), and a shot of the locks after the tool is removed. Just click on the photo to get a larger view. It has absolutely gorgeous results!


Tell me what you think and if you've done it, let me know what your experience was like. I know Creole has tried them and offers the service herself. I learned a lot more about the process from reading her blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I think that tool is wonderful although I haven't used it yet. I think it produces great curls. I didn't know people can charge that much to get the service done. When I do get my hands on the tool I think I will have to do it myself as well. I have visited the site before and I think they do offer a package wtih instructions! Those were some great photos thanks for sharing.

October 18, 2007 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

girl, there's a hot debate spelled out on Brunsli's blog, check it out

November 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hair style reminds me of weave wigs and extensions. The natural beauty and personality of the dreadloced hair is lost with this hair style. Get it together sistahs. Shall we ponder... Natural hair that looks fake? progress?

July 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0611
ray ban sunglasses
balmain jeans
kobe bryant shoes
ferragamo outlet
polo outlet
polo shirts
mavericks jerseys
adidas outlet
calvin klein jeans
longchamp handbags

June 11, 2018 at 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home