Monday, October 01, 2007

Hollywood East on the Boulevard

Ok, my girlfriend took me out to dinner on Friday night to a spot called Hollywood East on the Boulevard, University Boulevard to be exact. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. I will first say that the food was delicious, but the atmosphere left a little to be desired. I could kick myself for not taking photos, which is my usual MO, but since I was so distracted by everything going on around me, the thought didn't even enter my mind. I promise, when I go again, I'll be sure to take photos so you can completely understand.

This was an Asian restaurant on a Friday night. The majority of the patrons were older in age, which probably explains the entertainment. This is where the scene gets a bit comedic. There was, for lack of a better description, a lounge act playing in the restaurant. I must admit that this was the first Asian restaurant I've ever visited with a live band. Am I the only one?

It was a three piece band band. A pianist, bassist, and a singer (who doubled as a kazoo player for one of the songs.. Don't ask!! ). She was a middle-aged white woman in a very tight dress. She didn't have any butt, but I could clearly see her tight underwear thru her blood red dress. The pianist looked just like Dr. Phil and he sang as well. The bassist was leaning against the wall and was good, but didn't sing.

The only way I can describe the act is that they reminded me of The Kulps from SNL. Am I the only person in the world who knows who they are? I was telling my girlfriend who accompanied me that they were the Kulps, but she didn't know who I was referring to. Well, I've finally found a clip of them from the best of Will Ferrell DVD on youtube. Now picture this act being performed in an Asian restaurant and you'll have an idea of what I experienced on Friday.. LMBAO!!!

My girlfriend kept trying to get me to make a request, even though they weren't taking requests. The only request I would have made would have been an instrumental.. HA!

Enjoy the Kulps, they're the first skit in the video. HILARIOUS I TELL YA!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home