Sunday, November 05, 2006

Esthero...



I have loved Esthero for a while now. I first heard Esthero when I heard her song called O.G. Bitch on a mix CD that my sister hooked me up with in Brooklyn. It was a deep song about how someone else (presumably Nelly Furtado) had tried to steal her musical style and bury her in their shadow. Unfortunately, none of the artist's names or songs were listed on the CD, so although I loved the song and the singer, I never knew who she was.

I have a huge wishlist of CD's on Amazon and whenever I purchase a CD, they tend to suggest other artists/CD's that are similar to that of which you just purchased, so I came across Esthero that way and added her to my wishlist. A couple months later, I purchased her first CD that was released in 1998, called 'Breath From Another' and fell in love. She has a diverse style and a beautiful voice. Then, I decided to purchase other CD's and low and behold, I came across the song that I had discovered years earlier, but never knew who it was. YAY!

Since then, I've grown to love Esthero even more and have learned that she's been working on collaborations with other artists for some time now. I have introduced her to a lot of my friends who had never heard of her. She's not mainstream, but her music is boss. I really think you'll like her, so I'm including a few of her videos for your musical enjoyment. I'd certainly advise adding her to your musical collection because of her versatility. Her music is diverse and never the same.

A Better Life:

We R In Need of a Musical Revolution:

That Girl: