Friday, October 20, 2006

Good Morning????

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't know how good it really is. After feeling pretty good yesterday, I'm having a bad morning. Why is it that some mornings it seems that everything goes wrong and you're just trying to have a good day????

Ok, it started when I woke up. The alarm goes off at 4am, as usual, so I lay my head back down to lay there and ponder what I might wear today and enjoy my last 15mins of relaxation before I actually have to get up. I roll over and look at the clock and it's 4:37am!!! WTF?? I fell asleep and didn't even get a chance to enjoy the fact that I got extra sleep. Hate it when that happens.

Well, I sit up and realize that I have a crick (sp?) in my neck and it won't go away. It's still bothering me as I sit here and write this (rolling my eyes). I need my friend that's a chiropractor to come over tonight and adjust me. You hear that Kurt?? lol

It's raining and my tire is going flat. It needs to be plugged, so I had to stop at the gas station to get gas and put air in my tire until I can go get it plugged on my lunch break today. Like I need that, ya know?

So, it's raining and I know traffic is going to be a pain in the behind and believe me, it sure was. To the point that I missed my exit because these idiots wouldn't get out of my way. My niece was sleeping, but if she had been awake, she chimes into my road rage and says, 'Why do I have to keep telling you to get out of my Taty's way?'. Taty (tah-tee) means Aunty in creole, so that's what she calls me. She makes me laugh when she says that to the people on the road! She's my partner in crime.

So, we get to the complex where my niece's daycare provider lives and there's a security gate there. Well, low and behold, it's not working this morning. And I was already late and irritated. I've never considered driving thru a gate, but I sure did this morning. I wasted about 15mins trying to get into the complex and ended up having to drive around to the back and walking there. Did I say I was irritated? My niece is the first child to arrive at daycare in the mornings and that doesn't make her happy since there are no other kids to play with, so she tends to cry when I drop her off. She looked at me today and said, 'I'm not gonna cry Taty', but she did and that made me sad. So then I was feeling bad, it was raining, my neck was hurting, and I was late for work.

Let me say this, my boss doesn't care about things like being a bit late. His contention is that as long as the work gets done, he doesn't want to manage our time or micro-manage our team. He said if we wanna work from home, we could, but most of what needs to be done is onsite, but it's a good thing to know for the future, right? I can take long lunches or run errands at any time in the day and he doesn't mind. So when I say I was late for work, that's me complaining. I'm due in at 6:30am and I got here at 6:52am. I'm a stickler about being on-time, so I was irritated with that. No one else cares, but me! lol

So anywho, it's only 8:15am and I feel like I've had a long day already.. WHEW! It can only get better from here, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's me sitting at my desk feeling like crap. I'm listening to Meshell N'degeocello's 'Comfort Woman' CD because it always relaxes me. The day WILL get better! I'm saying that to convince myself, not you.. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home