Sunday, April 06, 2008

2008 Loc Update


So, my locs are now 28mths old and they are still flourishing. I've been doing a revised free form lately where I just twist the front locks that are the most bushy and unruly and allowing the rest to do their thing. I've always thought that my locks were a bit flat and didn't have enough body, and this is already helping and it's only been a few weeks.

I have simplified my hair regimen and product use even further. I am now using Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner. What I do to wash my hair is put some shampoo and some peppermint soap in a water bottle and fill it with water to dilute it. I then spritz it throughout my roots and the length of my locks to really get it directly into the lock to take care of any lingering dirt or build up. This really works and is better than attempting to spread the shampoo around with my hands. Then I apply the conditioner only to my locks and not my roots and then rinse it out after about 10mins or so.

I am now using extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer and for sheen. On a daily I either spritz just water with some drops of peppermint essential oil in it on my hair or use some leave-in conditioner spritz that a sister makes called Healthylocks Daily Conditioning Mist and that's the extent of my regimen.

I'm still loving my locks and especially now that they've entered into a care free phase so it's so much easier for me to care for them! I think you can see how they've thickened in these additional photos. Let me know what you think!



8 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 2 years! Your locks Rock! I love the thickness and fullness of them. Thanks for the pics and updates!

April 6, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Nat. They,re getting so long!! Thanks for the recent pics. Rock on, girl!!
Kimani

April 7, 2008 at 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did they get so thick?

April 8, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Natacha said...

They've thickened because I'm no longer twisting the roots of the majority of them. The roots are thicker and therefore give the locks a fuller look!

April 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger PureHappyness said...

Wow your locs are beautyful. I'm going to try using the spray bottle too. I've read that a number of times on different blogs. I think I'm going to have thickness like you because I kinda let my locs do their thing until I shampoo and retwist.

April 11, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You can definitely see they've thickened up quite a bit. You have some very nice locks!

I'm with you on the least amount of products being used on the hair. I also use the spray bottle for shampoo and use a water and aloe-vera spritz daily...

April 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always provide a wealth of information. I've also been considering doing less with my locs so this blog has inspired me. ~ Dre

April 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Dredfoxx said...

I never considered putting the shampoo in a bottle and spraying it onto the locs. I can see how that would distribute it more evenly.

I use black soap that I liquefy so maybe I will try that. I will need to experiment with a recipe though, because the black soap tends to want to solidify.

I have used olive oil as a moisturizer for a few years now. I use it on my face and all over my body too. No one has said that I smell like a salad!

I also soak my hair in ACV occasionally to clarify. I do it BEFORE shampooing because the smell of vinegar is UNbearable! I only use it about once a month though.

April 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home