Sunday, November 05, 2006

Decisions... Decisions....

I've been seriously considering moving at the end of my lease. I'm currently renting a cozy 2bdrm townhouse for a reasonable price for the space, but I'm thinking about renting a much smaller (or less expensive) space.

My main motivation in this consideration is the opportunity to save money. I'm not sure if I want to purchase a home yet, but the thought has been lurking in the back of my mind for the past couple years. I don't even know if I want to purchase land here in the US and I don't know that I want to take that kind of responsibility on alone (might have to wait until I'm in a two-income home/married to do so). I certainly know that I'd like to save money for my other dream of travel. I think that if my expenses are lessened that it will enable me to travel at my whim, which has been my dream.

I would like the option to take short, but meaningful trips to start with. Possibly a 4 day weekend trip here and there and longer trips later. Every time I've desired to travel, it's been a bad time in my life so I've put it off for one reason or another, but I'm tired of doing that. So I think that 2007 will be a year of change for me since I've started to change my thought and approach to my life. It's time to be proactive and take charge of my destiny. What do you think?

Well, if anyone can suggest an affordable and decent sized space in the MD/DC area, I'm open to suggestions. I need to start making some decisions because I don't like procrastinating when it comes to moving. My lease won't be up until the summer of next year, but that's not really a lot of time since it seems to fly so quickly.

We'll see what happens and I'll keep you abreast of my decisions and any developments in this endeavor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home