Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lint.... The New Frontier!!!

Ok, I have a confession to make... In the beginning years of my locking journey, I read a lot about folks needing to find ways to get lint out of their locks on forums and elsewhere. I was confused since I never had any issues with lint in my locks and assumed that would always be the case. Little did I know...

Now that my locks have some true length to them, I've had my first encounters with lint in the past few weeks and I'm not at all pleased (lol). I can now empathize with all those that went before me in the process and have been dealing with this issue for some time.

I guess I'll just have to wear my hair up when I want to wear certain fabrics, especially in the winter months when I love to sport soft and fluffy sweaters that would most likely wreak pure havoc on my babies (lol).

I am open to suggestions and guidance on how to avoid lint, so if anyone has any, please share!! smile

Inspirations and blessings,
Nat

6 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Naturalhairbeauty.blogspot has hints on dealing with hair lint in locks. Hope this helps!!!

August 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Natacha said...

Hi Felicia,

That's a blog I follow and based on your suggestion, I went back and read all the entries she has regarding lint. I think I'll try the soft bristle brush since I'd purchased one earlier this year and have never used it.

Thanks SO much for the suggestion!!

Inspirations and blessings,
Nat

September 1, 2010 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Titus 2 Thandi said...

Thanks for this post, and the comments underneath it! I also follow the blog but had forgotten what she said about the brush. I'll have to try that too.We're just leaving winter and I had to stop wearing my jersey because of lint.

September 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

a black sharpie is my best friend. you can't really get the embedded lint out, but you sure can disguise it! :-) it's a quick and inexpensive way to touch-up your hair...

i have a beautiful sweater that i can no longer wear because the lint situation (it's mohair and cashmere) is OUT OF CONTROL!

September 13, 2010 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger Natacha said...

Dalia,

I've heard of the sharpie suggestion and I'm sure it will come in handy very soon (lol)!!

Regarding the sweaters, I have to say I've been shopping with an entirely new eye this season when looking at sweaters. All I can say is that I'll probably be wearing my locks up a lot this coming season!!

Inspirations and blessings,
Nat

September 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am experiencing troubles with your RSS.

I don't know the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

my homepage ... remote control hobbies

May 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home