Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lock Maintenance...

I must admit that I'm a very low maintenance kind of woman when it comes to my hair, hence one of the many reasons I decided to lock. My game plan was that I'd go to a loctician for the first year (or until my locks were mature, whichever came first) and then I'd do a combination of self maintenance, along with loctician visits periodically.

I was so delighted to find Camille 'Doc' Robbins to start my lock journey with. I knew from previous research that she was very knowlegeable on locking hair and came highly recommended. She's taken care of my hair very well and it's flourished under her care. The only issue I had was the cost. I believe in the saying that you get what you pay for, so initially, I had no problems dulling out the necessary cash. As time has passed, it's taken a toll on my wallet, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of going natural. Part of this is my fault, as I was unwilling to allow my hair to look unkempt, so I went e/o week and every week for a 3mth period while I was working out and my hair needed a regular wash and retwist because it was oh-so-bushy all the time.

Well, since I currently have my niece and factoring in the cost of daycare, I realized that I needed some other options. I don't feel that I'm ready to take over the care of my hair because I think it'll just make me wanna cut it off out of frustration (again, I'm not one for doing my own hair.. lol). While I was at Columbia Mall getting my makeup done (refer to previous post) at the M.A.C. counter, I saw a sister with some beautiful locks about the same length as mine. Her locks were so neat (neater than mine ever looked, but exactly what I wanted them to look like), so shiny, and healthy looking. I had to ask her where she got her locks maintained. She shared the name of her stylist and the name of the shop which is located in Baltimore. I live very close to Baltimore, so I got the information from her. She added that her loctician charged $40 per appt and I was shocked. My appts cost $65. So the combination of the salon being closer and costing less (and in gas too), and the fact that I wanted to see what would be done differently, I decided to go to her loctician.

I had an appoint on Saturday. I first have to admit that I have a strong dislike for B-more. I don't venture into Baltimore often and I was reminded why after my misadventures, just trying to find the shop!! lol. How do people function in a city that doesn't have street signs for most of their streets??? I got mapquest directions and I was thrown off track so many times, being forced to turn around and around trying to locate the streets I needed to turn on. That in combination with a huge accident on BW Pkwy got me to the shop a half hour late although I'd left my house an hour early for a 30min trip. Dion, the loctician, was gracious enough to do my hair even though I was late since I'd been communicating with her on the phone as to my status on the road the whole way.

Dion did a BANG-UP job on my locks. My locks have never looked this neat. No offense to Camille at all because my locks have always been very healthy under her care, but I wanted them to look a bit neater. They had a shine and the roots have never looked so neat and uniform. My girlfriend complimented me on how great they looked when she later saw me that day. I was so happy that I wasn't the only one that could see the difference in their appearance.

I will definitely be going to Dion again and love the fact that I have more than one loctician to rely on at this point. I'll post photos of my locks when I take my next update photos so you can see the difference. I think you'll be as impressed as I was. Kudos to Dion!! (smile)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Natacha,
Please give Dion's contact info. I live in the area and need my hair done!
Thanks!

April 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can u leave dions contact. Info because I live n west bmore. N. I just started with my. Locs n need a reliable person thanx :)

September 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Conscious Bride said...

Hi. I just stumbled across your blog. Could you please share Dion's contact info?

Thanks!

March 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I also stumbled across your blog and i'm in desperate need of a loctician. Can you pass on Dions info, thank so much!

June 9, 2011 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and was wondering if you could share Dion's contact information.

August 16, 2011 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I was able to reach him in the baby bassinet quickly
when he awoke making it less of a distraction to my husbands sleep as
he unfortunately had to be up by 4:30 am. Go for baby
bassinets that have an easy setup feature to avoid going through the hassle of a difficult
setup. The ones that do are typically not comfortable for either you or your babies.


My weblog bedding

May 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simplicity, functionality and durability are the features that identify classic things for women.
For illustrative purposes, imagine you are faced with an important legal matter, and it is up to you to choose the best lawyer, choose right and walk away free, choose
wrong and you may pay a hefty fine, or worse. Keeping up with the demands of
the individuals and the pace of the rapidly developing industry,
the watch manufacturing brands like the Obaku are coming
up with brilliant options that combine simplicity, shape
and texture.

My blog :: gujaratayurveda.com

May 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger moodyzeta said...

I am looking for a loctician could you give me Dion's info

September 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home